1. These Ticketing Terms and Conditions (TTCs) govern all tickets issued by the Jewish Museum of Australia (ABN 21 005 574 210), herein known as JMA.
2. Each time you purchase or otherwise obtain tickets in person or online from us or our authorised agents for any JMA ticketed events, you agree to be bound by these TTCs and, when on our Premises (26 Alma Road, St Kilda Vic 3182) or attending one of our events offsite, our Terms of Entry which are incorporated and form part of these TTCs. We may impose other conditions of sale in relation to specific events, in which case you will be notified of these at the time of sale, including on our website with the information relating to the specific event.
3. The JMA may vary these TTCs from time to time by posting the updated TTCs on our website. Any variations will only apply to tickets issued after the TTCs are updated.
4. The JMA is the only authorised ticket seller for events at, or organised by the Jewish Museum of Australia, unless we specify on our website that there are other authorised ticket sellers for a specific event.
5. Tickets are valid only for the specific event, entry or program for which they have been issued, at the specific date and time period stated on the ticket.
6. If your ticket is validated by another person for whatever reason, no further entries will be permitted in respect of that ticket.
7. If you attempt to duplicate or re-use your ticket for the purpose of enabling another person to enter the event or venue to which your ticket relates, we will cancel your ticket and you will not be admitted nor entitled to any refund or reimbursement. For the avoidance of doubt, any ticket that has been duplicated without our written consent is invalid.
8. We may require that you present valid identification, verification and/or a current JMA membership card evidencing that you are entitled to a concessional, free or discounted ticket. If you cannot produce the required evidence following our reasonable request, we reserve the right to deny you entry to the event or program.
Ticket prices and booking fees
9. The JMA reserves the right to change published ticket prices at any time and the new ticket price will apply to all bookings completed after the change. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST if applicable.
10. Pre-purchased tickets to JMA events are fulfilled through our third-party ticketing platform, TryBooking. A third-party online transaction fees will apply.
Refunds, exchanges and cancellations
11. Except as required under the Australian Consumer Law, and other than the circumstances in clause 12, we will not provide a refund to you in the following circumstances, but may try to re-book you to a different time and date (subject to availability):
- a) if you have booked the wrong session.
- b) if you have changed your mind.
- c) if there is a change to your personal circumstances.
- d) you, or a member of your group, are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, a sore throat or fatigue, are awaiting COVID-19 test results or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (evidence such as a medical certificate or statutory declaration may be required).
- e) if you arrived late for your timed session.
- f) if you did not enjoy the event.
12. In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we will provide you with a full refund or try to re-book you to a different time and date (subject to availability) in the following circumstances:
- a) we, or the event organisers, cancel or postpone the event for any reason to a time and date you are unable to attend.
- b) we, or the event organisers, provided you with materially incorrect information regarding the event.
- c) Requests for refunds must be notified to us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled event commencing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting your booking confirmation reference number.
- d) Requests for a refund that are made within 24 hours of your schedule
- event or after your ticketed event commences will only be reviewed in exceptional circumstances and in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
13. In the event you or a member of your party fails to comply with these TTCs or our Terms of Entry you and your party may be asked to leave the JMA Premises or offsite event. In these circumstances, tickets will not be exchanged or refunded, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
14. We may replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the scheduled start of your event. We may not replace tickets if we suspect fraud, scalping or a breach of these TTCs has taken place.
15. You are responsible for any third-party transaction fees incurred with any refunds or change of tickets. Those transaction fees will be deducted from the refund or may be charged to you.
Liability and indemnity
16. Unless required under the Australian Consumer Law, we are not responsible for any ancillary expenses (such as travel, accommodation, parking or childcare) that you may incur as a result of any cancellation or rescheduling of an event. We are not responsible for any parking or public transport fines that may occur because of your visit to the JMA. You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of your service providers and consider ticket and/or travel insurance to cover such ancillary expenses.
17. Except for any liability under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded, we exclude all other liability to you (howsoever arising), to the maximum extent permitted by law. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including under the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of the JMA is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
18. We are not liable to you for any injury, loss or damage you incur to the extent that you breach of these TTCs or your negligence caused or contributed to that injury or loss. You hereby indemnify the Jewish Museum of Australia, our employees and contractors (JMA Personnel) for any loss or damage the JMA Personnel may incur as a consequence of your breach of these TTCs or your negligence.
20. If any part of these TTCs is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, those terms will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these TTCs remain in full force and effect.
21. These TTCs are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
22. Food and drink are not permitted to be consumed on the JMA Premises unless for a specific event or in accordance with a hire agreement. Food and drink should never be taken into the upstairs galleries and should be left at the front desk for the duration of your visit.
23. Photography is permitted in our permanent galleries but may not always be permitted in our temporary exhibition spaces. Please check with staff on site. Filming is only permitted with the prior written consent of our Brands and Partnership team.
Terms of Entry
By entering the JMA Premises, or attending a JMA event offsite, you agree to be bound by the following Terms of Entry.
24. You will not:
- a) leave any bags or personal items unattended.
- b) have in your possession and/or refuse to surrender to JMA Personnel any prohibited items including but not limited to:
- i. Illicit substances
- ii. Dangerous or inappropriate items (e.g. weapons, fireworks).
25. We reserve the right to:
- a) inspect and search you and your belongings prior to entry and/or while you are on the Premises.
- b) require any bag or personal items to be stored in our cloakroom.
- c) exclude all bags or personal items from the Premises when deemed appropriate.
- d) deny entry or remove you from the Premises (without refund) if you refuse to comply with these Terms of Entry.
26.Your behaviour must not interfere with the safety and enjoyment of others. Specifically, you must not:
- a) behave in a way which causes or may cause property damage.
- b) threaten the safety of staff, other visitors, customers or any other persons.
- c) unreasonably interfere with other visitors’ enjoyment of the JMA.
- d) behave in a disorderly manner including because of intoxication or display unlawful or offensive behaviour.
- e) behave in a rude or aggressive manner to any other person.
27. You must not:
- a) touch or interfere with the artwork or any other objects in exhibitions or displays unless the item is clearly designated as an interactive element.
- b) smoke or use e-cigarettes anywhere on the JMA Premises, or at an outdoor event organised by JMA in the vicinity of JMA Personnel.
- c) take photographs, audio, or video recording where this has been restricted.
- d) consume food or drink (including alcohol) inside the Premises unless otherwise indicated.
- e) purchase or consume alcohol on the Premises unless you are 18 years of age or older.
- f) bring animals onto the Premises unless they are registered assistance animals.
- g) enter areas of the Premises not open to the public, unless authorised to do so by JMA Personnel.
- h) bring bicycles, motorcycles, motorised/electric scooters or segways into the Premises without the permission of JMA Personnel.
28. Unless expressly specified, children under the age of 15 must always be under the supervision of a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) when on the Premises.
29. Use of your image
- a) You consent to and authorise us to film, record or photograph you (Recordings), and to reproduce Recordings in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to you. All Recordings are our sole property and you release us from liability arising on account of such usage.
- b) Security cameras operate on the Premises, and you acknowledge that you may be filmed when attending the Premises.
30. The JMA operates under Covid-Safe Visitor Protocols which can be viewed at jewishmuseum.com.au/visit/covid-safe/. Visitors to the JMA Premises are asked to read the Protocols and respond accordingly.
Image: Marie-Luise Skibbe, opening night of HELMUT NEWTON: In Focus, Jewish Museum of Australia, Melbourne, 2022