The Jewish Museum of Australia is seeking a committed and skilled Registration Officer to support our team with the management of our diverse and extensive collection.
The Registration Officer plays an important role in ensuring the registration, documentation and preservation of the Museum’s collection in accordance with professional museum standards. The Registration Officer also assists curatorial staff with the development of exhibitions, by coordinating the relevant loans and collection requirements.
Previous experience in managing incoming and outgoing loans, including international loans, will be highly regarded, as will a sound working knowledge of KE EMu database software.
This is a permanent part time position (0.4)
Candidates should forward a comprehensive CV, and a cover letter (2 pages maximum) which includes details of relevant experience.
Candidates are encouraged to contact Eleni Papavasileiou, Senior Curator & Collection Manager with any queries in advance of submission – via: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 5 August 2018
Key Selection Criteria
- At least three years’ experience working in a collection management or registrar role in a museum or gallery
- Sound knowledge of industry standards relating to the handling, storage and documentation of museum collections
- Highly proficient in the use of KE EMu
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a small team and also take initiative and complete tasks independently when required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of external organisations and community members
Click here to view the full position description.