Museum Programs Volunteer
Join the Jewish Museum of Australia programming team and assist with the research behind our much-loved walking tour program. The walks have been developed by volunteer guide, historian and teacher Terry Ashton over many years and cover a range of historical locations in Melbourne’s Jewish history.
What we can offer:
- The chance to learn the fascinating stories of Melbourne’s Jewish history
- Hands on experience working with image research and an insight in to how image collections are managed
- Excellent experience for your CV
- A reference when you have been volunteering with us regularly for over six months.
We are looking for people who:
- Are willing to undertake training related to the role
- Feel confident in undertaking detailed and meticulous computer based work and research in a consistent manner
- Are friendly, approachable and confident in a busy environment
- Have an enthusiasm for working on a contained but large project
- Want to share their passion for history in an engaging and interactive way
- Are able to volunteer for a morning or afternoon session per week.
You will be required to have a Police Check and Working With Children Check completed in your name.
As a Museum Programs and Education Volunteer, you will be supervised by the Education and Program Manager Tamar Simons.
To apply, please forward your CV with the selection criteria addressed in an email to email@example.com.