Safely Together at the Jewish Museum of Australia
The Jewish Museum of Australia is committed to protecting the health of visitors and staff and minimising the spread of COVID-19.
Our COVIDSafe key principles include:
1. Ensuring physical distancing
2. Following Victorian Government directions on the use of face coverings
3. Practicing good hygiene
4. Keeping records and responding quickly if workers or visitors become unwell
Keeping our COVIDSafe Plan up to date
This COVIDSafe Plan will be reviewed and updated frequently when Victorian Government directions or public health advice changes, to ensure the Museum is operating with the most effective controls in place, and to ensure compliance with Government and Health Regulations.
Triggers for reassessment may include a confirmed case at the Museum, changes to COVID-19 directions, or changes to public health advice as issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). For the latest information on restrictions in Victoria, please click here.
If you would like to review the Jewish Museum of Australia’s current COVIDSafe Plan in full, you can request a copy here.
Covid-Safe Visitor Protocols
1. By purchasing a Ticket, using or accessing our Goods or Services, or attending our Sites, you warrant that to the best of your knowledge:
a. you have the full right and authority to supply the name and phone number for everyone in your group, if requested by us, to enable COVID-19 contact tracing;
b. you, and each person you are visiting with, do not have COVID-19, and are not awaiting test results for COVID-19, or otherwise have reason to suspect that you or they have contracted COVID-19;
c. you, and each person you are visiting with, have not been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last fourteen (14) days or have reason to believe they have contracted COVID-19;
d. you, and each person you are visiting with, have not returned from international travel in the last fourteen (14) days;
e. you, and each person you are visiting with, have not been directed to quarantine or self-isolate by a government representative or medical personnel;
f. you, and each person you are visiting with, are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to:
i. a cough;
iii. shortness of breath;
iv. sore throat;
v. sneezing and runny nose;
vi. temporary loss of smell or taste; or
vii. altered sense of taste
2. If any person cannot make the warranties above, they must not purchase a Ticket, use or access our Goods and Services, or attend our Sites.
3. You acknowledge that we may collect personal information for the purposes of contact tracing and complying with COVID-19 related legislation, regulations and health orders.
4. You warrant that any personal information provided by you to us or our authorised agents is correct, true, and accurate.
5. You agree and acknowledge that we may need to make significant changes to the Goods and Services in response to COVID-19 and to comply with any legislation, regulation, health order or other government direction or recommendation in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and that these changes may occur after you purchase your Ticket.
6. If you cannot redeem your Ticket for the Goods and Services because of a federal or state government law, regulation, or order which is in place for the purpose of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and that prohibits you from travelling from your ordinary place of residence to the Jewish Museum of Australia, please contact us here or (03) 8534 3600.
7. If you cannot redeem your Ticket for the Goods and Services because you have a suspected or actual case of COVID-19, or have otherwise been ordered to self-isolate or quarantine, please contact us here or (03) 8534 3600.