‘The experience our students had with your virtual incursion was a highlight of the term. It was so wonderful having presenters that were expert and able to adapt to our online learning platform. They were open to all our questions on Jewish history, culture and life – our students left the session feeling informed and ready for our unit of study. While a physical visit is always memorable, the virtual incursion was a brilliant alternative,’ Jessica Zoch, Roxburgh College.
Lead by expert Museum educators, our live online incursions allow students to interact and ask questions.
We have a wide variety of modules available that can be tailored to suit age, curriculum and individual school needs, including sessions on:
- Bar / bat mitzvahs;
- Mock Seder/Mock Shabbat
- Our Calling Australia Home exhibition;
- Daily worship and the Jewish year;
- The St Kilda Hebrew Synagogue; and
- The Torah.
The Jewish Museum of Australia also offers a range of virtual incursions based on the life and legacy of Mirka Mora in conjunction with our MIRKA exhibition, these are:
- MIRKA for primary aged learners
- MIRKA for secondary aged learners
- MIRKA for VCE Students: Studio Arts/Art
- MIRKA for VCE Students: Twentieth Century History/Australian History
If you have an existing Museum tour booked or would like to place a new booking for a virtual incursion, please get in touch by emailing us here.