CHAGALL & COPPERSMITH
Join in the conversation. Marc Chagall was a pioneer of his time, creating a unique style all his own. View and discuss the works and world evoked by Chagall exploring life, family, place and faith in the Jewish Museum’s flagship exhibition. Then unpack a contemporary interpretation and response to Chagall’s story, themes and practice produced by award-winning creative practitioner Yvette Coppersmith. See what joy, love and colour inspires in you, creating your own floating daydream to take home.
Cost: $18 per student
Duration: 2 hours
- Analyse and interpret themes, concepts and ideas in the works of Marc Chagall and Yvette Coppersmith.
- Identify, describe and utilise sources of inspiration for artworks.
- Discuss the use of materials, techniques and processes to realise the intentions of artworks.
- Identify and connect artworks to a wider historical, cultural and social context.
- Respond to and interpret artworks with a creative response.
Image: Marie-Luise Skibbe, installation view of Carnelian, Jewish Museum of Australia, 2023