JMA (re)Open Day
We’re celebrating the refurbishment of the Jewish Museum of Australia! For one day only, receive free entry to visit our exhibitions, our new spaces and access to a full day of activities. From meditation to jewellery making to live music to guided tours and more, spend the day making memories at our beloved JMA.
- 10.30am, 1pm or 3.30pm: Meet at reception to join a guided tour of our newly refurbished permanent exhibitions where you will learn about Jewish art, culture, traditions and history.
- 11am to 12pm: Take part in a pop-up singalong of Hebrew, Yiddish and English tunes with Karen Feldman and Tomi Kalinski in the Learning Centre.
- 1pm to 3pm: Enjoy the musical stylings of Simon and Zohar Starr in the reception area.
- 3.30–4pm: Close your day with a calming breathwork session with yoga instructor Rachel Goldenberg in the Krongold Gallery
- Wander our many spaces to find evocative sculptures from Nina Sanadze’s incredible body of work Hana and Child on display throughout the JMA.
- Explore Harry Nankin’s exhibition Instructions for Mending the World on display in the Krongold Gallery.
- Visit our brand-new Children’s Space throughout the day for storybook readings in our many community languages including Russian, Polish, Yiddish, Hebrew, French, Japanese and more!
- Drop-in to the Learning Centre at any time to make your own jewellery.